Footgolf is a trademark of former FC Barcelona player Juan Manuel Asensi, who identifies the sport as being a combination of football and golf. The rules of the game are extremely similar to those of golf, although it has a series of its own unique characteristics:
- It is played on a golf or pitch and putt course.
- Golf clubs are not used. The player shoots the ball with his or her foot.
- It is played with a football.
- The objective is to knock the ball into an 80cm hole, with as few shots as possible.
- It is played by completing a circuit of 9 to 18 holes, with the minimum number of shots.
- The game combines technique, precision and strength.
When is it played?
The activity takes place at two different times in the season: from September to October and from March to June.
The Federation must have access to golf or pitch and putt facilities. The Federation must be able to provide drinks, snacks or sandwiches at the facilities themselves, as well as an area of relaxation.
The Confederation will assess the viability of carrying out the activity at the proposed location. If the assessment is favourable, it will contact the provider to finalise the details of the project.
How do we apply?
1. The supporters club should submit an application to the corresponding Federation.
2. The Federation will collect the applications from supporters clubs in the zone.
3. The Federation will select the supporters club that best meets the requirements set out in this manual.
4. The application will be submitted to the Confederation using the form provided for this purpose.
5. The deadline for submitting applications to the Confederation will depend on when the activity is to take place:
a. From March to June, applications must be submitted before the 31st of December.
b. From September to October, applications must be submitted before the 30th of June.
6. The Confederation will assess the viability of carrying out the activity at the proposed location.
7. If the assessment is favourable, the Confederation will organise a meeting with the Federation and provider.
8. Once the selection process has been finalised, the Federation will inform the supporters clubs of the outcome.
9. The specific date and time of the activity will depend on the sporting agenda of FC Barcelona and mustn’t coincide with other federations.